Easily Resize A Video For IGTV
Before we explain how you can reformat and resize your video for IGTV, here are some specifications that you need to keep in mind when you upload and edit a video for Instagram TV.
- Format: MP4
- Default IGTV Settings: 1080×1350 (a horizontal video will run nearer to 1920×1080)
- Orientation: Vertical (aka portrait) Video Length
- Typical accounts: 15 seconds to 10 minutes Larger and Verified accounts: 15 seconds to 60 minutes
- Aspect Ratio – Minimum: 4:5 – Maximum: 9:16
- File Size
- Minimum for videos less than 10 mins: 650MB
- Maximum for videos less than 60 mins: 3.6GB
The most challenging thing to get right when capturing a vertical video for IGTV is the aspect ratio, which is the ratio of width to height of your video. The reason why this is so hard is that unless you’re using your smartphone to shoot the video, you will have to edit or crop your video during post-production just to achieve the correct aspect ratio.
In other words, if you use a smartphone to capture your video content, you’re good to go. But if you prefer to use better quality cameras, you’ll want to read on to see our tips on resizing videos for Instagram TV.